Christmas is around the corner, what is that perfect Christmas gift for the runner in your life?
I always joke, running is one of the most expensive free sports there is. Sure, we can throw on our runners and hit the streets or the closest trail, however, what about $150 running shoes that get you 400 to 600 KM of use (not even enough miles to train for a 1/2 marathon), cold running gear, fall running gear, summer running gear, trail running gear, hydration belts, gels and electrolytes, not to mention our love for tech. Add races, coffee with friends after run club, and the odd race photo or two and then ask how free is our free sport?
Here are some of my favorite pieces of running equipment and would make for great Christmas gifts for the runner on your shopping list. What better way to tell your loved one that you support his or her running than that perfect running Christmas gift.
- Running Gifts Under $50 Dollars
- Winter Running Gloves
- Running Gifts over $100 Dollars
- Best Selling Running Watches
For convenience, I am including links to my Amazon Store for some of the items.
Running Gifts under $50 Dollars
- Relax knowing your important items will not be lost even while participating in vigorous activities. Comfortable no-bounce sports pouch. Soft elastic prevents chafing.
- Large Pocket SPIbeltTM comes with an 8.9" pocket - large enough to hold bulkier medical supplies, larger items, or just more stuff.
- Fits iPhone 12 Pro Max and other large phones. Fits waist size 25″ through 48
- Excellent 360º Visibility and Safety That You Deserve - High Visibility Reflective Safety Vest is Visible From a Safe distance of 750 Feet or More with a 360º Coverage in All Weather Conditions -...
- Super Lightweight and Comfortable Design with Large Front Pocket, Ultra Light Mesh Fabric Provides Comfort, Breathability and Keeps Your Body Cool - Fully Adjustable with Durable Velcro Closure Tabs...
- This Versatile Reflective Vest Set Comes With a pack of 2 High Reflective Arm / Ankle / Wrist Bands with Fully Adjustable Velcro to Ensure Your Safety at the Highest Level and Makes You Visible in the...
- MAXIMUM ABSORPTION-63% Nylon 23% Polyester 14% Lycra -Dryline fabric absorbs, wicks, dries quickly, and eliminates odors through the infusion of silver ions into the fabric
- SWEAT STOPPING SWEATBAND-This headband doesn't just absorb sweat, our patented silicone SweatSeal channels sweat back and away from the eyes, face, and glasses
- MEN OR WOMEN'S HEADBAND-This lightweight pullover headband features our newest, breathable, soft fabric making this the most comfortable athletic headband you will ever wear- Anatomical design tapers...
- Lightweight and affordable slip-on traction cleats to reduce the risk of falls when walking on snow or ice to work, school, or even to the mailbox
- Made of abrasion-resistant 1.2 mm steel coils with zinc coating to prevent rust; secured to shoes with durable Polyelastomer outer band
- Provides 360 degrees of traction on cold surfaces for all-direction stability
Winter Running Gloves
- These New Balance lightweight running gloves will be the brand new staple of your running outfit! Not only are they technologically innovative, they are extremely stylish.
- Made from high quality 95% Polyester, 5% Spandex to create an extremely smooth Fleece, with 240 GSM. Designed with grippers on the palm, you will have a firm grip no matter what weather condition you...
- Marathon Black and Marathon Heather have the names of each of the 5 New York City Burroughs on the fingers: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, and Staten Island
- 【HIGH PERFORMANCE】 SIMARI work gloves, a comfortable, durable grip glove designed to handle all of your daily tasks. There is enough silicone on the palm, index finger and middle finger, that...
- 【HUMANIED DESIGN-TOUCHSCREEN】 The SIMARI freezer gloves for work below zero, windproof waterproof, keep hands warm when handling frozen food or other items. This winter thermal gloves have a good...
- 【ERGONOMICS DESIGN】 The fine cutting removes excess materials on the palm, which grants you the highest possible flexibility and feels no extra materials blocking when bending your hands....
- Thin, fitted liner gloves can be worn on their own or as a first layer under heavier gloves in harsher conditions
- UA Storm finish repels rain & snow without sacrificing breathability
- Ultra soft knit fabric with a smooth exterior & a plush interior for just the right amount of warmth
- Warm and Breathable: Unigear running gloves keep the maximum thermal protection for your body in cold by wicking moisture away from your skin effectively. They are featured the newest fiber material...
- Touchscreen-friendly: Do you still tolerate the frozon fingers when running, walking and driving in winter? Wearing our touchscreen gloves, you can easily use your smartphone or other electronic...
- Versatile Liner Gloves: You can layer up with skiing, cycling and other heavier gloves in harsher conditions. You also can wear them on their own as regular gloves. The palms are printed with...
Running Gifts under $100
ROAD id – Sports Medical Alert
The top-shelf choice in wrist-worn identification. Never go for a run or ride alone again. ROAD id is a comfortable, rugged, identification bracelet that will help first-responders immediately contact family members and friends when you cant. Picture ROAD id as a medical alert bracelet on steroids.
Customize the name plate with names, medical information, and phone number. Also decorate the band with conquest tokens such as 5K, and 21.1K, or reminder to keep going such as “Shut Up Legs”.
- ALL THE COLORS IN ONE VEST – Change between 6 super bright solid colors - Red, Blue, Purple, Pink, Green, and Orange AND 5 eye catching multicolor flashing modes – Our special illumination modes...
- TRUE 360 DEGREE ILLUMINATION, REFLECTIVITY, & FLUORESCENCE – Unlike other reflective running vests and hi viz cycling gear, our flexible fiber optic cables, and 3M reflector chest belts actively...
- LIGHTWEIGHT, BREATHABLE, & EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE – If it’s for a short jog in the morning with the kids, walking your dogs in the evening, or an all night solo ride, at only 6.5 oz – you’ll...
- ROBUST & WEATHERPROOF - Built tough with long-lasting quality at the forefront, allowing you to focus on your training in all conditions. Tried and tested by athletes, for athletes, in even the...
- THE PATENTED ORIGINAL - As seen and loved on Shark Tank, the Night Runner 270 shoe lights are the first of their kind, and the original hands-free or headlight-free lighting solution for runners,...
- 360 DEGREE VISIBILITY - Light up your path with 150 lumens + 2 ultra light LEDs with a rechargeable battery which produce 360 degrees of lighted visibility. A forward-facing lightbeam of up to 30 feet...
- Emits up to 400 lumens on max setting
- PowerTap Technology allows instant transitioning between full and dimmed power
- Brightness Memory allows you to turn the light on and off at a chosen brightness without reverting back to full power
Find more running lights at our Amazon Store. Search for more running lights here.
Running Gifts over $100
Hydration Vest For Running and Cycling
Looking to take your distance up a notch or tired of having your running belt hanging off of your hips. Step up to a Hydration Vest, capable of carrying up to 2 liters of water, extra storage for gells, your phone, weather gear and more Pictured here is the Salomon Adv Skin 12 Set Hydration Stretch Pack, Black, Large , recommended as best overall pack by Outdoor Gear Labs.
AfterShokz Aeropex Open Ear Headphones
Safety is our number one concern on the trails, road, and paths. Being able to hear the vehicles around us or someone approaching from behind on the trail is the first rule. Bone conduction technology allows you to hear both your music and the ambient sounds around you.
Available in bluetooth and corded versions, there is a model of AfterShokz for every budget. Unlike traditional headphones that send sound through the ear canals, our patented bone conduction technology delivers audio through the cheekbones. With nothing inside or over your ears, enjoy total awareness and comfort while you listen.
Men’s Extreme Balaclava Jacket
Running jack for extreme conditions.
- Softshell Jacket with zip off dickie with adjustable hood & balaclava
- 360 reflective sleeve taping details
- 2 zip close storage pockets under welt
- Back yoke with reflective seam sealed eyelets
- Partially elasticized cuff
Hyperice Vyper 2.0 High-Intensity Vibrating Fitness Roller
- Optimal self myofascial release tool to increase flexibility, circulation, and reduce muscle soreness
- Three vibration settings transmit superior amplitude and vibration for physiological benefits
- 2x more effective than regular foam rolling to warm up and actively recover
- Increase range of motion by up to 40% (versus 18% increase with regular foam rolling)
Looking to take your running to the next level? Add a Garmin ForeRunner Running Watch to your training tool-kit. Train using heart rate, stride, or simply a run-walk training routine.
Track distance, heart rate, and prices for all budgets. I currently run with an older Garmin Forerunner 920XT, however, my next purchase will be a Fenix 6 or similar. Integrated heart rate, multi-sport, and more.
- Premium GPS running/triathlon watch with wrist based heart rate; Strap material: Silicone; Smartphone compatibility: iPhone, Android, Windows; Designed for sale and support in North America only
- Offers advanced running and multisport Features in a comfortable watch you can wear all day, and it only weighs 49 grams
- Provides elevation changes with a built in barometer; altimeter and electronic compass help you keep your bearings
- GPS running smartwatch with music advanced training features
- Sync with music streaming services, such as Spotify, to easily store and play your favorite songs right from your watch
- Evaluates your current training status to indicate if you’re undertraining or overdoing it; Offers additional performance monitoring features
- Gps running watch with Garmin Coach training plan support
- Easy to use running watch estimates heart rate at the wrist and features GPS to track your pace, distance, intervals and more
- Works with free Garmin coach adaptive training plans that bring expert, personalized coaching right to your wrist
- Easy-to use GPS running watch tracks how far, how fast and where you run
- Estimates heart rate at the wrist, all day and night, using Garmin elevate wrist heart rate technology
- Connected features: Smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking and music controls (when paired with a compatible smartphone)
- GPS running watch with wrist based heart rate and display type is sunlight visible, transflective memory in pixel (MIP)
- Customize your watch and your training, larger screen a 44 percentage larger screen than the 225 but the same physical size
- Audio Prompts: Receive Audio Prompts from your connected smartphone that include laps and lap times. Smartwatch mode: Up to 9 days. Gps mode: Up to 11 hours