Here is a list of helpful accessories for your FreeStyle Libre scanner and sensor. As a Canadian diabetic, I am well acquainted with being prepared. From glucose tablets for hypoglycemic events, to alcohol wipes.
Here is a list of accessories that I have found extremely useful for my insulin dependent Type 2 diabetes (aka Type 1 like) treatment and living day to day with my FreeStyle Libre, and a few others added to the mix to give everyone a few options to help get the most out of their Libre Sensor to manage their diabetes.
For more information on the FreeStyle Libre check out this page.
Note: These items are listed in my Amazon Retail Store. Most are also available through you local pharmacy. Click on the image to see the Amazon Listing.
Search Our Online Amazon Store
Use the search box below to search for the millions of items available through Amazon. Or check out our sections below on Running, Diabetes, and More.
How to Keep Your FreeStyle Libre Safely attached to your arm
Here are a few items that help keep your FreeStyle Libre affixed to your arm and help it last / survive the two weeks of its short life. We are all well aware of the perils of door frames and our little Libre. Use these patches to help keep your Libre sticking to your arm for 14 days.
Freestyle Libre Sensor Holder/Guardian – Easily Protect Your Sensors Flexible and Comfortable Available in a Range of Colors
- A onetime purchase – reusable strap to surround and protect your Freestyle Libre
- Freestyle Libre Sensor arm band strap – Available in 7 colors
- Flexible and Comfortable
- Waterproof; wearable in the shower or swimming
- Protects Sensor from door bangs and other mishaps
- May be good for extensive arm exercises such as weight lifting to keep the sensor secure during hyper extension of the triceps? – note I have not tried.
- My favourite product and my first step before I put on a new sensor.
- Skin Tac puts a binding layer between your skin and the Libre Sensor — as an added bonus; if the Libre is irritating your skin – this may help create a barrier with the Skin Tac as the a separator between your skin and your Libre.
- A hypo-allergenic barrier between your skin and your sensor – add twice the adhesive
- Does not contain benzoin
- Latex-Free, hypoallergenic, clear, non-rubber liquid adhesive
- Pack of 50 wipes – so could last almost two years
- HINT: Be sure to remove any excess Skin Tac from around the Libre Sensor
- Also try Skin Tac Remover – This unique formula effectively removes even the most stubborn adhesive residue. It leaves the skin clean and dry, No Greasy Film.
- My backup if me sensor starts to give way
- Doesn’t look as polished as the rest of the items on my list. However, gets the job done.
- Engineered to last 7 days
- Stays on in water
- The most advanced kinesiology tape, made from 100% synthetic fabric to last far longer than other brands. Lightweight, latex free, comfortable, provides both support & mobility, and includes safety reflective print & carry case.
- Ready-to-use pre-cut strips are perfect for tape applications.
- HINT: I cut each strip into 3 — cover the sensor and go on with my day.
- A Canadian based company out of Toronto
- 20 Adhesive patches per pack
- Easy Application- The design is advertised to allow you to apply the patch without touching the adhesive.
- Strong Premium Adhesive – Advertised to protects your sensor for up to 14 days.
- 100% Medical Grade- Hypoallergenic, Latex Free, FDA Approved
- Waterproof- Quick-dry adhesive material that lasts many showers. (I wonder how well it would stand up to a week of lazing around the pool?)
- Works with DEXCOM G5, G6 – Freestyle Libre – Enlite Sensor – Medtronic Guardian
- Advertised to last about 7 days
- Adhesive patch consit of two parts to all easy exposure of the adhesive
- Adhesive patch is FDA certified latex-free and hypoallergenic
- 25 adhesive patchs – 4 1/2″ x 3 1/5″‘
- Advertised to offering a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- 8 fun designs to choose from, or choose a variety pack
- Freestyle Libre Patches, to help keep your Freestyle Libre stuck firm!
- Made from one of the best quality sport tapes on the market.
- The product is made from Rocktape which is a quality product, it is hypoallergenic and latex oxide free so no nasty rash like other tape products out there.
- The tape also has 180% stretch so it moves with your body and is comfortable to wear.
- Designed by a Type 1 mum for diabetics.
More Freestyle Libre Patches
Find more Freestyle Livre protective patches in our Online Store – Search Here
Protective Cases for your FreeStyle Libre Scanner
Looking for a case to protect or carry around your FreeStyle Libre Scanner. Here area few options for you to choose from. Search Here do more options.
RockaDex Freestyle Libre Protective Case
- 7 great colors to choose from
- Keep your Libre meter safe while in a handbag, school bag or briefcase
- Extensive range of Silicone Cases and Stickers gives you the chance to not only offer some protection to your Libre, but give it some life to your diabetic tools.
- The Freestyle Libre Silicone Cases also fit the Insulinx Meter.
- Easy to Install Case
- Cases are Made of Hard, but Slightly Bendable Plastic
- Available in multiple colours – black, blue, and pink
Premium Nylon canvas Pouch case with Rotating Belt Clip For Freestyle Libre CGM
- 4 great colours for your FreeStyle Libre Scanner Case to choose from
- High Quality Nylon canvas Pouch,- Classic and professional look
- Velcro closure with soft inside cushioning.
- Rotating Belt clip, use to clip on or slip through a belt
- Provides excellent protection from the elements, scratches, dirt, and shocks.
- Designed for Freestyle Libre (Canada / US Model)
Premium Pouch case with Belt Clip For Freestyle Libre CGM (Horizontal)
- High Quality Leather Pouch,- Classic and professional look
- Hook and Loop closure with soft inside cushioning.
- Belt clip, use to clip on or slip through a belt
- Provides excellent protection from the elements, scratches, dirt, and shocks.
- Design for Freestyle libre CGM (Canada Model)
More Freestyle Libre Cases
Search for more Freestyle Libre carrying cases and designs here – Search Now
Glucose Management and Recovery
Here are some recommended tools to help deal with our hypoclycermia. Hypoglycemia is a condition caused by a very low level of blood sugar (glucose).
Hypoglycemia, also known as low blood sugar, is when blood sugar decreases to below 4 mmol/L. Dex 4 glucose tablets are my first choice when managing a hypoclycemia episode and gives me a precise amount of glucose.
My Treatment: I take 4 DEX 4 tablets; wait 15 minutes and then retest.
- Dex4 Glucose tablets raise your blood glucose and treat hypoglycemia fast
- Each glucose tablet contains 4 grams of fast-acting carbs that raises mild episodes of low blood sugar
- Dex 4 produces the ideal glycemic response by providing the exact d-glucose your cells need for energy and quick relief
- Available in carry sizes and economy size bottle for easy refill, contain 50 tablets
- Also available in Orange, Tropical Fruit , Raspberry flavors, and more
Emergency Contact Information
Road ID – My RoadID is my comfort blanket against the what if. Never had to use it however, good to know that my chronic illnesses, contract information, and who I am is easily accessible to anyone that may need it. Much like carrying my insilin, plenty of water while out for a run or my helmet riding – I would never go for a run or a ride without Road ID; even just a quick 5KM around the block. Honestly, I wear it 24/7/365.
Stickers, and other Items
Looking to make your FreeStyle Libre more stylish. Lets all agree – white is a bit, well White. Here are a few links to help you pimp up your sensor and scanner. Word of caution – I can not speak to if the stickers reduce how well we can scan the sensors – my other curiosity is if the sensor itself can still disperse heat. However, those that love the stickers swear by them.
- Patchabetes – www.mypatchabetes.com
- Pep Me UP: reader stickers are also screen protectors – http://shop.pepmeup.org/products
- Pump Peelz: Stickers are reusable – https://pumppeelz.com/collections/freestyle-libre
- Aubepine – https://www.lejardindaubepine.fr/freestylelibre
- HélOui – https://www.heloui.com/
- Pimp My Diabetes – https://pimpmydiabetes.com/collections/freestyle-libre-reader
Your input is important!
I would love to hear for you. What has worked well,what has not. Send me s message and some link suggestions and I will be sure to add them to the list. ->> Contact me here!
If you have anything you want me to test; I will be sure to give it a thorough testing. After all — we all live with our diabetes 24/7 – great products, wakes for one less thing for use to worry about.