Not receiving FreeStyle alarms after upgrading to iOS 15, check out these three tips from Abbott. The following important information released by Abbott applies to using your Freestyle Libre and iOS 15 (iPhone) users only.
Android users can disregard these steps.
Apple will soon be releasing iOS 15, which introduces two major changes to Notifications on your iPhone. These new features may impact your ability to receive time-sensitive notifications from the FreeStyle LibreLink, FreeStyle Libre 2, and LibreLinkUp apps, such as glucose alarms.
Abbott advises that If you update your iPhone to iOS 15, it’s important to correctly configure your settings for Notifications and Focus so that you can receive time-sensitive notifications from your apps.
Note: Although these steps are a direct copy and paste from Abbott’s Email, as our glucose devices are considered medial devices, please make your own decision on the best settings for your Libre and Libre 2 app.
Follow the steps below to configure Apple iOS 15 settings to work best with your Freestyle Libre 2. Abbott recommends the following settings in your iPhone to receive FreeStyle Libre alarms after upgrading to iOS 15. If you require additional support contact Abbott through the typical channels.
1. Adjust your SCHEDULE SUMMARY in iOS 15 to work with Freestyle Libre:
- Tap Settings > Notifications > Scheduled Summary > Turn off apps in the “Apps Summary” list
2. Make Changes to IMMEDIATE DELIVERY in iOS 15 to work with Freestyle Libre:
- Tap Settings > Notifications > FreeStyle LibreLink / Libre 2 / LibreLinkUp > Notifications > Turn ON Immediate Delivery
3. Ensure you adjust FOCUS MODE in iOS 15 to work with your Libre Notifications:
- Tap Settings > Focus > (Select a mode) > Add apps to the list of “Allowed Apps” for each mode
4. Alternative Configuration in iOS 15 to work with your Freestyle Libre:
Alternatively, in the app, you can go to Alarms via the main menu and turn on “Override Do Not Disturb” to always receive glucose alarms from FreeStyle Libre 2 sensors. These notifications will always make a sound, even when your phone is in Do Not Disturb mode.
Where can I get more assistance?
If you need further assistance, please contact:
Customer Service at 1-888-205-8296, Monday-Friday, 8 AM-9 PM; Saturday, 9 AM-5 PM; and Sunday, 9 AM-2 PM Eastern Standard Time.
All other areas:
Contact your normal Abbott technical support number located on the side of your Libre Box.