Not receiving FreeStyle alarms after upgrading to iOS 15 or iOS 16 on your iPhone or iPad, check out these three tips from Abbott. The following important information released by Abbott applies to using your Freestyle Libre and iOS 15 or iOS 16 (iPhone) users only.
Android users can disregard these steps.
Apple released iOS 15, which introduced two major changes to Notifications on your iPhone called Focus. Focus allows your to adjust how your phone respond during certain times of the day such as during work, driving, or sleeping but limiting the number of notifications you receive on your phone. I use the feature daily while working to silence phone calls, unless they are from one my my “Favourites” and other apps.
This same features impacts your ability to receive time-sensitive notifications from the FreeStyle LibreLink, FreeStyle Libre 2, and LibreLinkUp apps, such as glucose alarms.
Abbott advises that if you are running iOS 15 or iOS 16 on your iPhone, it’s important to correctly configure your settings for Notifications and Focus so that you can receive time-sensitive notifications from your apps.
Note: Although these steps are a direct copy and paste from Abbott’s Email, as our glucose devices are considered medial devices, please make your own decision on the best settings for your Libre and Libre 2 app.
Follow the steps below to configure Apple iOS 15 or iOS 16 settings to work best with your Freestyle Libre 2. Abbott recommends the following settings in your iPhone to receive FreeStyle Libre alarms after upgrading to iOS 15. If you require additional support contact Abbott through the typical channels.
How to adjust iOS Focus Settings to Work with Freestyle Libre
1. Adjust your SCHEDULE SUMMARY in iOS 15 or iOS 16 to work with Freestyle Libre:
- Tap Settings > Notifications > Scheduled Summary > Turn off apps in the “Apps Summary” list
2. Make Changes to IMMEDIATE DELIVERY in iOS 15 or iOS 16 to work with Freestyle Libre:
- Tap Settings > Notifications > FreeStyle LibreLink / Libre 2 / LibreLinkUp > Notifications > Turn ON Immediate Delivery
3. Ensure you adjust FOCUS MODE in iOS 15 or iOS 16 to work with your Libre Notifications:
- Tap Settings > Focus > (Select a mode) > Add apps to the list of “Allowed Apps” for each mode
4. Alternative Configuration in iOS 15 to work with your Freestyle Libre:
Alternatively, in the app, you can go to Alarms via the main menu and turn on “Override Do Not Disturb” to always receive glucose alarms from FreeStyle Libre 2 sensors. These notifications will always make a sound, even when your phone is in Do Not Disturb mode.
Where can I get more assistance adjusting Focus Settings to work with Freestyle Libre?
If you need further assistance configuring your iPhones Focus settings to work with Freestyle Libre, please contact Abbott Customer Support:
Customer Service at 1-888-205-8296, Monday-Friday, 8 AM-9 PM; Saturday, 9 AM-5 PM; and Sunday, 9 AM-2 PM Eastern Standard Time.
All other areas:
Contact your normal Abbott technical support number located on the side of your Libre Box.