Our friends at Canadian Running have provided us with 5 great tips to to help balance your running and running training with your life over the holiday season.
The holidays can be a busy time of year full of family commitments, get-togethers and of course, shopping. Even in the age of COVID-19, the calendar fills up quickly this time of year. While for many runners the season brings a welcome opportunity to re-connect with friends and family, the packed schedule can make it difficult to stick to your usual running routine. Use these tips to balance your running schedule with your other commitments so you can enjoy the holiday season.
The 5 tips to help you keep tuning through the holiday season are:
- Plan Ahead – Use your calendar and plan when you’re going to go for a run.
- Be flexible – Be more flexible when finding time to fit your runs in. If you are going to be out late, enjoy yourself, and plan your run for later in the day.
- Adapt your runs and workouts – Something is better than nothing. We will feel energized and our happy running selves even if we need to plan for a short run.
- Pack accordingly – If you are travelling over the holidays. Make a packing list, check it twice, and be prepared. You would hate to forget your compression socks.
- Relax – The holidays can be a busy, stressful time, and running should be helping to relieve some of that stress, not add to it. If you need to skip a few runs here and there in favour of spending quality time with friends and family, do it.
Check out the entire amazing article by Brittany Hambliton here at Canadian Running. Read the entire article now.