As a web design project manager I need view HTML from my iPhone or iPad. Here are a few quick steps to setup your iPhone to view HTML source code.These steps are app free and built into Safari, so as a web-curious user wanting to take a look at the HTML source code for any website check out these steps.
Note, these steps may work on older versions of iOS, however has not been tested. This processes uses tools built into iOS, no app or backdoor programming / code is required! For iOS 12 and lower, scroll down.
How to view HTML source code on iPhone / iPad Devices (iOS 13)
- Load Safari (iPhone, iPod, or iPad), if it is not already open, and visit any webpage.
- Click the Share Button (it looks like a box with an arrow pointing upwards.)
3. Scroll down to your Actions (below Messenger favourites and app icons)
3. Choose View Source (see Step 4 and 5 if View Source is not listed)
4. If View Source is not available – choose edit actions at the bottom of the screen and enable View Source
5. To move View Source to the top of the list (favourite Actions) – select edit actions on the bottom of the page.
How to view HTML source code on iPhone / iPad Devices (iOS 10, 11, 12)
- Load Safari (iPhone, iPod, or iPad), if it is not already open, and visit any webpage. For this example we are using PaperStore.net
2. Click the Share Button
3. Choose MORE to add new features to your Share Button
4. Scroll to the bottom of the Activities List – toggle on (turn green) “View Source“
5. You will now see View Source under your Safari Share Button
6. On any webpage – Choose View Source from the Share Menu to View the HTML.
That’s it! Now you can use the new View Source Button under your Share Button to review the HTML on any webpage using mobile Safari (and Chrome) on your iDevice (iPhone, iPod, or iPad).
For those that like the convenience of an app – give View Source by Roman Tomjak a try.