As a web design project manager I need view HTML from my iPhone or iPad. Here are a few quick steps to setup your iPhone to view HTML source code.These steps are app free and built into Safari, so as a web-curious user wanting to take a look at the HTML source code for any website check out these steps.
Note, these steps may work on older versions of iOS, however has not been tested. This processes uses tools built into iOS, no app or backdoor programming / code is required!
How to view HTML source code on iPhone / iPad Devices
- Load Safari (iPhone, iPod, or iPad), if it is not already open, and visit any webpage. For this example we are using PaperStore.net
2. Click the Share Button
3. Choose MORE to add new features to your Share Button
4. Scroll to the bottom of the Activities List – toggle on (turn green) “View Source“
5. You will now see View Source under your Safari Share Button
6. On any webpage – Choose View Source from the Share Menu to View the HTML.
That’s it! Now you can use the new View Source Button under your Share Button to review the HTML on any webpage using mobile Safari (and Chrome) on your iDevice (iPhone, iPod, or iPad).
For those that like the convenience of an app – give View Source by Roman Tomjak a try.